Web Graphic Designer with excellent UI and print experience.
A love of art and design forced me, happily, to earn a degree in graphic design. My working experience is in both print and web design. I am equally adept in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign as I am in HTML and CSS. My other strengths are the ability to work effectively under pressure while maintaining strong team relationships through a sense of humor and communication. Experience has taught me to ask a lot of questions. Getting a clear picture of the emotional feel of how exuberant or staid a project should be is as important as its specification requirements and deadlines. The benefits are fewer misunderstandings, changes, and a visually pleasing complete project delivered on time.
02/13 - PRESENT
PETERSENDEAN ROOFING & SOLAR - SOLAR4AMERICA
WEB AND GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Produce both web and print graphics for PetersenDean with the direction of the CEO/Owner, President, and Creative Director. Update web page content and graphics in a WordPress environment using HTML, CSS, and the Adobe Suite of Products. Created and branded all marketing material with PetersenDean's logo colors using an orange and gray swoosh. This includes billboards, brochures, flyers, folders, vinyl banners, and web banners.
- Created/branded a consistent look and feel for all marketing material
- Design car wraps for company truck and cars
- Create email blasts on time for Web Marketing Director
- Update company invoice forms and yard signs
07/07 - 02/13
WEB GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Created user friendly landing and form pages for online customers under the direction of the UX Director, Marketing Vice President, and software engineers. Updated web page content and graphics in a PHP environment for both Vimo and Getinsured.com websites using HTML, CSS, and the Adobe Suite of Products.
- Designed web banners in both Flash and animated gif formats
- Updated content and graphics for web pages
- Created email blasts on time under sales and marketing direction
09/03 - 07/07
LEAD GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Worked directly with Writers as team lead in distribution of design projects. Designed articles for GNLD’s Lifestyle magazine and newsletter, miscellaneous brochures, and flyers. Created and updated web page content and graphics for GNLD.com.
- Team lead in PDF production and preflight of Lifestyle magazine and GNLD Newsletter
- Integral in content maintenance of GNLD.com and it's associated websites
04/03 - 09/03
Typeset 100+ page sections of 1,000+ page motorcycle parts catalog. Gained extensive knowledge of catalog layout, design, and production.
01/96 - 04/02
BRASSRING CAREER EVENTS
SR. GRAPHIC DESIGNER/PRODUCTION MANAGER
Designed and produced animated web banners, 1 to 4 color ads, flyers, and other graphic materials to promote recruiting products and services to employers and job seekers. Team lead in production of High Technology Careers magazine (circulation 100,000+), both print and web versions. Took initiative to learn PDF workflow/PDF proofing and to train other team members in the process. This significantly cut overtime and increased both accuracy and efficiency in magazine production by identifying missing printer fonts, bad RGB/spot colors, and incorrect image file formats.
- Enhanced High Technology Careers magazines online presence by redesigning it from a list of text links to a professional quality website, greatly improving user interface
- Promoted to Sr. Graphic Designer/Production Manager for consistently meeting tight deadlines by calling and working directly with ad agencies, clients, and internal marketing department
SAN JOSE STATE UNIVERSITY
B.S. Graphic Design/Illustration Emphasis